Today’s post is from Krista Lund.
Ever find yourself in a Project Life rut?
When it feels like a big effort to drop in some photos, you struggle to write a single journaling card, and disappointingly call it “done”?
Yes, it happens to the best of us.
But I’ve found a way to get out of that rut – and sometimes avoid it altogether!
Here’s my list of 14 must-haves that add pizzazz to my Project Life layouts – in addition to photos and journaling, of course:
- Kids’ Artwork – either scanned/photographed or having the child hold/wear the artwork and be photographed
- Weather – screen shot from your smart phone
- texts, emails, Facebook updates and blog posts
- Video Clips with QR Codes – using Traci’s easy-peasy Tutorial
- “Currently” List – here’s a sample
- “Heard around Here” List
- Lists with Friends with One Happy Mama
- Selfies – Sweet Shoppe’s Project Love Me
- Misc memorabilia such as tickets, cards, maps, etc.
- DVDs of Photos (monthly)
- Our weekly menu
- Doctor’s Notes
- Teacher’s Notes
- Greeting Cards & notes from friends
Here are some of my Project Life layouts that incorporate these items:
This layout uses the Days Like These kit by Traci Reed & Meghan Mullens:
So if you’re looking for some extra pizzazz for your Project Life pages, try adding in one or two items from my list!
I’d love to hear what you think in the comments below….and let me know what kind of items other than photos and journaling that you’ve used on your pages to add pizzazz!
About the Author: Krista Lund is an on location, natural light photographer specializing in newborn, children and family photography serving the San Francisco Bay Area. She has a special talent for capturing fresh, vibrant and sweet photos that will be cherished for generations. Learn more about Krista on her blog or her Facebook page.